Work With Us
Seeking expressions of interest
North of England
Orange Psychology are looking for collaborative and reflective practitioners who want to use psychology in creative ways. We are offering flexible positions across different contexts depending upon experience of practitioners, the demands of the service and procurement processes we are currently involved with.
Since becoming established in March 2016, we have rapidly built a reputation for high quality, effective services for schools, children and families in the communities within which we work. We therefore welcome contact from Educational, Clinical and Counselling Psychologists looking for flexible working at competitive rates. We offer a small but friendly and supportive team from a range of psychological disciplines. We are seeking expressions of interest for the following opportunities;
Collaborative Educational/Clinical Psychologists
Fixed Term Contracts (for 1-2 years), Greater Manchester areas, for Specialist Clinical/Educational Psychologists (0.5 per week or full time posts).
We are looking for expressions of interest and CVs from experienced clinical/educational psychologists (with at least 5 years experience), to work within a fixed term contract with Orange Psychology. These posts are in line with the skills/experienced required of Specialist Clinical Psychology (e.g. band 7/8a), and/or Senior/Specialist Educational Psychologist (e.g. Soulbury Scale B 3-6). These positions would suit those seeking part time/secondment opportunities (minimum 0.5 per week), and/or those seeking full time positions. Whilst the aims of the project are still being scoped, we would like to here from qualified Psychology Practitioners with experience/interest in;
- Trauma Recovery Models and Attachment Models, for working around vulnerable children and young people
- Strengths-Based Models of Practice (e.g. Positive Psychology), for working with adults who support vulnerable young people
- Inter-agency group work e.g. the ability to use psychological facilitation/formulation at a multi-agency level
- Systemic Practice in schools, including consultative/collaborative tools e.g. Solution Circles, Circles of Adults, PATHS (see Colin Newton and Derek Wilson at www.inclusive-solutions.com)
- Child Sexual Exploitation, and high risk groups
- Therapeutically informed interventions to support well being (e.g. Emotion Coaching and Motivational Interviewing).
- Psychologically informed Coaching Models to support young people and/or adults around the child
- Reflective Group Supervision models/approaches to support teams around the child
- Ability to develop action research/outcomes monitoring frameworks to support evidence based practice
Fixed Term Contracts: Educational Psychologists
We provide educational psychology services directly to schools, local authorities within the North of England, in areas including Yorkshire (Calderdale and Leeds), Lancashire, and areas of Greater Manchester. We therefore require support from creative Educational Psychologists who can work at a range of levels to support our increasing client base. We are open to having discussions with Psychologists looking at working for at least 0.5+ per week with us.
Further opportunities are being scoped for developing Assistant Psychology roles within Orange Psychology, with positions commencing (potentially) from Jan/Feb 2019. We would like to hear from Graduate Psychologists with experience in either educational/therapeutic/clinical domains (e.g. at least 2 years experience with in related fields, and at least a 2:1 in Psychology), who want to work in collaborative and creative ways with us. These positions are likely to require independent travel around Greater Manchester districts for 1-2 year project work.