‘Bettering lives by learning together…’
Orange Psychology makes a difference to the lives of children and young people by using a collaborative and relationship-focused approach.
We learn through listening and we develop ideas together, because we believe that the ‘whole is greater than the sum of it’s parts’.
Our psychologists (including clinical, educational, counselling and forensic), ensure that the whole picture of the child or young person is created, working together with others to co-construct our understanding.
We work systemically, using psychological formulation to put together the many ‘segments’ which make up the whole child. The whole ethos of Orange Psychology is underpinned by our ‘core values’ or ‘our segments’ which are;
O – Outcome Orientated
R – Reflective and Relationship-focused
A – Approachable and Accessible
N – Needs-led service
G – Genuine
E – Empathetic and Embracing
The Orange Psychology Service Delivery Model is built around collaborative practice and operationalises the values (above) in the following ways;
- As a collective team, we work in an outcomes focused way from the start of our involvement. We share our learning together to improve our own professional practice.
- Our communication is reflective, open, creative and collaborative with teachers, children, young people, teachers and other professionals
- Our flexibility and openness to new ideas means we can learn together to further improve the service we provide.
- We spend time planning and listening to you so that we can put into practice creative and flexible psychology services.
- Orange Psychology will respond and adapt to what those needs are, by listening and learning together.
- The authentic partnerships we create really can ‘better lives by learning together’.
- We embrace ideas with openness and compassion, meaning that our practitioners can bring together the many ‘segments’ that can make for a better ‘whole’.
The Way We Work
We have a growing number of school contracts across the North, including Greater Manchester areas, Lancashire, and Yorkshire. Our psychologists work hard to offer a good quality bespoke service to ensure maximum effectiveness. We are highly organised and driven by the need to help schools, families and young people;
- We operate 2 or 3 term contracts with our school clients, to offer maximum flexibility across the school year
- We can provide Records of Involvement and/or high quality reports to support multi agency working or formal statutory processes
- We always work with parents and schools to gather the ‘whole’ picture of the child.